What CardeaScreen does:
- Makes heart screening more affordable
- Identifies athletes with abnormal heart conditions
- Identifies individuals with conditions that may degrade quality of life in later years
- Helps identify athletes who are at risk for Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA)
- Allows physicians to input responses to specific PPE questions developed by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Assists the physician in determining whether further evaluation is recommended before the athlete participates in competitive sports
High-quality algorithms and low cost have made it possible for ECG screening in high schools and colleges to become more recognized as a best practice.
How it works:
- The Cardeascreen wirelessly connects via Bluetooth analysis software that runs on a standard Windows-based PC. This makes over-reading and collaboration with other medical professionals easily accomplishable.
CardeaScreen provides very high-quality ECGs:
The CardeaScreens high bandwidth transmitter (0.05 150 Hz) digitizes at 1000 Hz and has a resolution of less than 1¼ Volt, compared to common industry standards of 500 Hz and 2.5-5¼ Volt.
A real-time recording screen continuously displays all of the ECG trace data which helps the clinician correct patient motion and other noise artifacts which commonly degrade ECG quality. Adaptive AC line filters remove pure line noise (e.g. 60 Hz) without introducing the common ringing artifact associated with high-amplitude and narrow R waves. The baseline wander filter effectively removes respiration artifacts without distortion of ST segments. The 16-second recording duration supports high-quality computation of median beats which is particularly important for athletes with very low resting heart rates.
CardeaScreen CS 20-20
- Brand: CardeaScreen
- Product Code: cs2020
- Availability: 1000