Due to constantly changing stock in the current supply chain there may be backorders or delays***
The Physio-Control LIFEPAK CR Plus/EXPRESS CHARGE-PAK
- 2 Electrodes/Pads
- 1 CHARGE-PAK charging unit
- Replacement instructions
- 1 Battery discharger (Used to safely drain a used CHARGE-PAK prior to disposal or recycling)
This CHARGE-PAK is for the LIFEPAK CR Plus or the LIFEPAK EXPRESS AED.
The Physio-Control CR Plus LIFEPAK AED and LIFEPAK EXPRESS AED function slightly differently from other AEDs. Instead of a battery, these AEDs use the Physio-Control CHARGE-PAK battery system, which charges an internal, permanent battery inside the AED device. After an AED use or about two years (whichever comes first), the battery charger and electrode pads both need to be replaced.
The cost to replace the CHARGE-PAK and electrode pads for the CR Plus or EXPRESS is about as much or a little more than replacing just electrode pads on many comparable AEDs. On other AEDs, you also have to replace the battery periodically, and that’s typically a higher cost. When the battery charger and electrode pads are on the same replacement cycle, you know your LIFEPAK CR Plus or EXPRESS is ready for use.
When you replace the battery charger, it begins to charge or top off the defibrillator’s internal battery. Depending on temperature, the full process can take anywhere from a few days up to two weeks.
- If the AED was used recently, it may take up to three days to top off the battery at normal room temperature of 68°F or 20°C
- During this time, the caution symbol (!) will be visible on the Readiness Display. When the caution symbol turns off, the device will be able to shock at least six times or provide 42 minutes of “on” time
- When the device switches to “OK” on the Readiness Display, the CHARGE-PAK will still continue to trickle charge the battery until it reaches full capacity. At normal room temperature, this may take up to two weeks. It may take longer at lower temperatures. Please note the battery may not charge at temperatures lower than 32°F or 0°C.
A CHARGE-PAK battery charger becomes internally linked to the first AED into which it is inserted. A CHARGE-PAK cannot be removed from one AED and inserted into another; it won’t charge the second AED. If this happens, the battery charger must be discarded and replaced.
When using the CHARGE-PAK discharger, allow nine days for the discharge process to complete before recycling or disposing of the used CHARGE-PAK.
The LIFEPAK CR Plus/LIFEPAK EXPRESS defibrillation electrode pads and battery charger are sold only as a kit and are not available as separately orderable items. Both the battery/charger and defibrillation electrode pads are replaced simultaneously either upon use or expiration. We ensure the expiration dates of both components in this kit are exactly the same.
Alternate Part Number(s): 3200727-002, 3201616-001, 3201616-003, 3202176-003, 3202176-005, 3202176, 3202176-006, 3202176-007, 3202176-008, 3200727-005, 11403-000002, 11403-000001, 3200731-009, 3200731-002, 3200731-003
To be indemnified under the Good Samaritan Law, follow manufacturers guidelines. Use AEDSafetrack Program Management to document that your AED is compliant with local and state laws.
Physio-Control LIFEPAK CR Plus/EXPRESS CHARGE-PAK with 2 Sets of Adult Electrodes
- Brand: Physio-Control AEDs and Accessories
- Product Code: CR Plus Chargepack 11403-000001
- Availability: Out Of Stock